Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our products and services. It is important to us to protect your personal information/data throughout the whole process. In this respect, we aim to respect your privacy and to process your personal information/data in compliance with the laws applicable to us and to be as clear as possible about how and why we use personal information about you.
This Policy explains the data we may collect about you, how we use such data and informs you about your rights and how you can contact us.
Personal Information that we may collect about you
We may collect personal information about you when you:
• use our websites
• use or receive our services
• visit our premises
• contact us
• engage with us via social media
This may include information:
• which you provide whenever you:
o complete one of our forms or receipts,
o contract with us or request a service,
o enter information on our websites,
o contact us by any means whether by phone or via social media, chat or instant messaging;
• which is recorded on articles sent to you via the services we provide;
• which is recorded when you visit any of our premises.
We may collect the following types of information:
• your name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone number(s) and other contact and identification details
• information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
• your company's name, your position in the company, the company's address, company's email address and telephone number
• your payment information such as credit or debit card details
• information collected through your use of our websites
• details of any inquiry, complaint or feedback you place with us
• information about the articles sent to you via any of our services
• your information when signing for receipt of a parcel or letter.
Information which cannot be directly linked to your real identity - such as favourite websites or number of users of a site - is not considered personal data.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information to:
• provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties
• provide you with our products and services
• use it for technical administration of the website and make our website’s content and services easier to use and more appropriate to you
• enhance or improve customers' experience of our products, services and our websites
• improve and develop our services
• protect security e.g. to check your identity when you use our services
• prevent and detect fraud against you, us and/or third parties
• meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
• use it for product related surveys and marketing purposes
If you call any of our customer service telephone numbers, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information:
• directly from customers: e.g. when you sign up to receive our services or registers on one of our websites by e-mails and online forms
• from third parties who use our products and services e.g. information recorded on articles sent to you by a third party
• from referral and statistical information where we have links
• from our other companies and subsidiaries e.g. if a customer has indicated that they wish to receive information about the products and services of such entities
• from third parties e.g. when we acquire third party marketing lists or information from other publicly available sources; e.g. when obtaining an authorisation for a payment you make or when undertaking an identity check
• when products or services are provided together with a business partner and the information is collected by the business partner in order for us to provide you with the product or service
• when mail and other documentation passes through our network, we may collect information on the outside of letters, parcels and other mail items e.g. contact information that enables us to route items through our network for delivery to the addressee
Who sees the personal information that we hold?
Customers' personal information may be provided to:
• Our companies and subsidiaries
• Selected third parties
- where customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services
- for the prevention of fraud and reduction of payment risk against us, third parties and customers
- for the purposes of identity verification
- to prevent money laundering
- in connection with the prevention and detection of crime
- in fulfillment of our service obligations with selected authorities (e.g. Customs Authorities)
Disclosures of personal information required by law
We may be required to disclose certain personal information because it is required by law or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details could be passed to fraud prevention agencies or the relevant Authorities. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
• Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
• Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
• Recovering debt
• Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
• Checking details of job applicants and employees
Ourselves and other organisations may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies from other countries.
Please see below for details of how to contact us if you wish to access your personal information that we hold about you.
Transfers of personal information outside Lebanon
In case we need to transfer personal information about customers to third parties located outside Lebanon, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of Lebanese law.
Keeping personal information secure
We take all of the necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from being lost or misused, or inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only retain customers' personal information for as long as we need it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation or comply with legal and regulatory requirements – such as where we need to retain customer records and records of purchases for an additional period of time in order to comply with the law or in case of potential claims.
Your Personal Information Rights
For as long as we retain personal data you are entitled to rely on a number of rights. These rights allow you to exercise control over the way in which your personal information is processed. You are entitled to:
Access your personal information
We commit ourselves to provide you with any personal information we hold in your regard. Customers with web-based profiles can access the information they provided us when registering for any of our online service by accessing the relevant “My Account” section.
Keeping your information accurate
We will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible and feasible. However, we rely on customers to ensure that some of the information we hold about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform us of any changes to their information (e.g. by updating their account details on our websites).
Remove your consent
You can change your mind whenever you give us consent, such as for direct marketing engagement.
Restrict and object
You have the right to restrict and object to the processing of your personal information or use of automated decision-making in doing so.
Delete your information (your right to be forgotten)
You may ask us to delete your personal information.
Move your information (your right to portability)
Where possible we can share a digital copy of your information directly with you or another organisation indicated by you.
A proof of identity is required in order to protect your information when processing such access requests. We might also require sufficient details to be able to locate your information for example, date and details of website access, products or services that you have used etc. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
You allow us to provide you with information about products and services that we, or third parties we would have selected, may consider to be of interest to you. To do this, we may use your personal data to understand your interests better, so that we can try to predict what other products, services and information you might be most interested in.
The information we may provide you include marketing information:
• about our products and services by choosing to opt-in on the relevant registration form of our relevant website or service or through other forms of engagement;
• about third party products and services by choosing to opt-in on the relevant registration form of our relevant website, service or other forms of engagement.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer when you use a website to store information related to you and your computer.
The purpose of using cookies is to be able to offer you optimal user guidance as well as to "recognize" you and thus be able to present (as much as possible) diversified internet pages and new contents during repeated use.
We use the following kinds of cookies:
- Analytics cookies in order to collect information about how visitors use our site, such as to determine how frequently our internet pages are accessed as well as the number of users, the pages visitors go to most often and where they have come to the site from. This information is collected anonymously and is only used to improve how our websites work.
- Marketing and advertising cookies to deliver adverts more relevant to the user and his/her interests. Such cookies remember that the user has visited our website, and are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as this would help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. It is important to note that this information is not shared.
- Session cookies that are stored exclusively for the duration of your visit to one of our internet pages.
- Persistent cookies for retaining information about visitors who repeatedly access one of our internet pages.
Generally, we do not create an individual profile of your online activities. The content of a persistent cookie is limited to an identification number. Name, email address, IP address, etc., are not saved on the majority of our sites.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
Customers with inquiries relating to the collection, use, sharing and protection of personal data may contact us [email protected]